Leopard on Older mac?

Reaction score
Will leopard lagg and go slow if it runs on a 733Mhz PPC G4 processor along with Ilife nine and Iwork nine Using leopard assist?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Macbook 2.2ghz, eMac G4 1.07ghz, PowerMac G4 Digital Audio.
Without some "modification" - you can't install Leopard on any G4 less than the 867mhz. Saying that...I have leopard on my 1.0ghz G4 emac and it runs ilife09 OK - not great. Once it loads, its OK. The operating system (leopard) itself is noticeably slower than Tiger too (IMHO). I have 1GB memory on that emac too. Its tolerable, but I don't know if I recommend it.

Reaction score
LeopardAssist will allow you to install it on sub-867MHz computers, but it's probably a TERRIBLE idea! I'm running Leopard on a 1.33GHz iBook G4, and it can barely play movies a lot of the time. Fortunately, I have very simple needs, so it doesn't bother me too much.

OP
B
Reaction score
So should I just get leopard? Or should I buy the Mac Box set? I actually honestly have no need for the Ilife but I just wanted to be sorta complete.

Reaction score
So should I just get leopard? Or should I buy the Mac Box set? I actually honestly have no need for the Ilife but I just wanted to be sorta complete.
I would recommend installing Tiger if you can get your hands on it. It's technically possible to run Leopard, but you'll have the world's slowest computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.