Fresh install problems

Reaction score
Hi I was using Disk utility to overwrite my deleted data and stopped it prematurely.

It then will not let me download anything because there is not enough disk space.

So I cant solve this so I am trying to do a fresh install. I put the disk in and it is recognised straight away and comes up with mac os x install disk 1.

I click on install mac os x and bundled software and it says click the restart button. I do this and enter my password and then it says

"Mac OS X Install disc 1" could not be used as a start up volume.
Please make sure the Mac OS X installation disc is in the drive.

Please help my mac is useless at the moment :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Is the Tiger install disc a black coloured full retail version and not a silver grey model specific version? System restore discs usually work only with the model they were released with.

Take it you pop in the disc, reboot and immediately hold down the 'C' button to boot from the disc? If successful you need to format the drive and do a clean install and then update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.