Mac OS X Update 10.3.8 and Battery Life

G

gandalf14

Hi,

I downloaded the newest update, 10.3.8 for Mac OS X. Since then I have noticed some changes in my iBook's battery life, it doesnt seem to last nearly as long as it used to.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions as to how to improve the battery life.

THanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
yeah, i have experienced the same thing. i think i have lost almost an hour and a half. has anyone else had the same experience?

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

i think it screwed up the counter bacaue i just updated to 10.3.8 and this is the first thing i noticed was my est. battery life here is a screen shot of it. during this screen shot i was tab surfing in safaril playing song in itunes and monitor brightness at ful blast.

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
how long had you been doing that?

OP
G

gandalf14

Initially I noticed that my battery at full was over 6 hours, but it soon dropped considerable. Usually, at 50% its at around 2-2 1/2 hours, but it was saying that I had just an hour left. I was tabbing through Firefox, and had iTunes open.

Reaction score
Interesting, I have not noticed anything yet on my ibook but will have a look. Gandalf14 what model ibook do you have?

OP
G

gandalf14

Mr Bobbins said:
Interesting, I have not noticed anything yet on my ibook but will have a look. Gandalf14 what model ibook do you have?

I have a new iBook 12" 1.25 Ghz....I just got it about a month ago...

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
May be a long shot, but did you repair permissions after the update? People diss me for saying it, but Macs w/OS X are happy performers with permissions repaired after software updates

OP
G

gandalf14

I did not repair permissions, no. I was not aware of it...I am pretty new to the Mac scene. Perhaps someone could give this a try and let me know how it goes, as I just decided to pop in the OS X CD's and reload the OS while keeping all the files and settings....

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.