Tap to click

kny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz 8GB
I have a new Unibody 15" MacBook Pro.

Tap to click is enabled in the Trackpad pane of System Preferences. However, randomly it will stop working and only a physical tap of the trackpad will click.

I have to go into Trackpad in Sys Prefs, turn it off and back on again for it to work.

Anyone got any idea as to why it does this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
the same here. i have an apple care protection plan and was at least ten times in contact with the apple guys. we have done anything, all kind of reboots, even a new installation of mac osx, nothing worked. now i have sent my system profile to apple and the engineers are trying to find out what's wrong. if you like, send my a private message with your e-mail address. i will send you an e-mail, so you can reply to it and send me your system profile. there is no private information in the system profile according to apple. i will forward your profile to apple, and maybe they will find out what's wrong with our machines when they compare the profiles. if you don't want to send it to me, send it directly to apple and tell me only your system id. i will give it to apple, so they know that you have the same problem.

i will let you know if they find out sth., please do the same if you find a solution.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
K

kny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz 8GB
PM sent. Thank you for your reply and assistance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.