Emailing a Numbers Spreadsheet

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum. The spreadsheet I use is Numbers from the Iworks '08 suite. I am trying to email a spreadsheet created in Numbers using my yahoo account. Does anyone know whether I can do this? Numbers is my only spreadsheet software, and if I can't email spreadsheets then it will be a big problem for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what do you mean?

Do you want to share a numbers spreadsheet with users who maybe using excel

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Who will you be emailing them to? Does the person on the other end have iWork to open them? If not, export to an Excel Spreadsheet and email that instead. They should attach to a message fine. I have done this in the past with friends I wanted to show some data to.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are the iWork documents not packages? If so, you will have to compress them into an archive if you want to attach them to an email.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are the iWork documents not packages? If so, you will have to compress them into an archive if you want to attach them to an email.

interesting! I had never really looked closely at an iWork Spreadsheet file before. Did a get info and it is a Package file!

OP
T
Reaction score
what do you mean?

Do you want to share a numbers spreadsheet with users who maybe using excel

Yes, I would like to email is so that people using Excel can use it. However, I don't have Excel.

However, the big problem is that the Numbers file will not attach into yahoo mail or google mail. Otherwise I could just send it and it would probably just open into excel.

Is there a way to attach a Numbers file to email?

Ted

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Excel will not open stock Numbers files. As I said above go to export and export as an Excel spreadsheet. Try to attach that. If it still will not attach let us know. If you want friends who run Excel to view them you have to export to an Excel format.

OP
T
Reaction score
Excel will not open stock Numbers files. As I said above go to export and export as an Excel spreadsheet. Try to attach that. If it still will not attach let us know. If you want friends who run Excel to view them you have to export to an Excel format.

Thanks! I did not know about the export option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.