Photoshop

Reaction score
I have a PS CS copy from before Intel Macs came out. I have been running it on a G5, now I want to get an Intel Mac, does anyone know if it will still work?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version is the PPC Photoshop? What version of OSX are you planning on running on the Intel Mac? Intel Macs have a emulator as part of the OS called Rosetta. It will run PPC Applications on Intel Macs under Emulation. 10.5 Leopard though broke some older versions of Photoshop including Photoshop 7.

Opps, I am blind today. I now see you said CS. That runs here on my Intel Macs with Leopard.

Reaction score
What version is the PPC Photoshop? What version of OSX are you planning on running on the Intel Mac? Intel Macs have a emulator as part of the OS called Rosetta. It will run PPC Applications on Intel Macs under Emulation. 10.5 Leopard though broke some older versions of Photoshop including Photoshop 7.

Opps, I am blind today. I now see you said CS. That runs here on my Intel Macs with Leopard.

Hello Dtravis7!

I don't know if you still watch or flag this thread.

(what goes around tends to come up again.)

I was scouting information on transferring photo shop 7 when I ran across your thread. I thought it might transfer to intel or not. (iMac 27 i7) with Rosetta reading. Hoped the speed and power of new compouter would balance the drag.

I'm in suspense to know what you were saying about "leopard broke some older versions" (as mine is!)

New OSX will be 10.6.

What were you trying to say before you were temporarily blinded? ( Hope you are better now! You really left a cliff hanger for me!)

Can you clarify? Would this affect a transfer now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.