Time Machine Not backing up one user

Reaction score
Time machine is not backing up any of my Home Folder files for ONE of my users.

I have two users, one of them gets backed up, the other does not.

I have a Mac Pro with all latest updates from Software Update.

The machine has 4 HDD's: No.1 Mac HD, No.2 Home, No.3 Data, No.4 Time Machine Drive

Mac HD: is where the system lives
Home: Users Home folders.
Data: Where I first import all data (music/photos etc) and keep in Folder structure
Time Machine: . ...well obvious I think.

The Users folders on Home were Copied across to that HDD when Users were first created, the location was then then changed in System Accounts/Advanced/ Home Directory.

From a clear desktop, If I click on Mac HD, a finder window pops up,
Then click on the Home Icon folder and get 6 folder within the Home folder (Desktop/Docs/Downloads etc).

I click on the TM Icon in the Dock, TM does its thing and the front Finder Window alters its appearance changing to the Top level in the Devices in the sidebar.

If I move to the Home HDD, it show the User folder for one user but not the other.

I thought maybe it was because you could not see logged in User files, but not the case. Even if I log in as the other user, the particular user Folder is not backed up.

I have checked the TM options, and the only items excluded are the Data HDD and the TM HDD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.