Buying a Macbook Pro from MacMall.com Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I've persuaded my friend to get a MBP, and noticed that Macmall.com gives a $150 rebate on the 15" one bringing the final price to $1799. However, this of course does not include tax, shipping ect.. I'm just curious to know whether or not people here have ordered from them, and if so how quick are they with rebate turn arounds ?

Secondly, how reliable are they to deal with in terms of customer service ? My friend doesn't mind buying from the Apple store, but I'm just trying to save her a few bucks which could go towards something like Lightroom 2 etc..

Thoughts on macmall.com ?
Thanks a lot.

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Cool, thanks for the link. So if buying from one of these places, will Apple still honor the one year warranty (not sure if she'll get Apple care) that usually comes with the purchase ? If something goes wrong, will she have to send it back to where she bought in online, or will an Apple store take care of it ? I'm also curious for myself, for future reference.

She'd like to purchase one today if it's a good deal, otherwise we'll get one tomorrow from an Apple store. Thanks again.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Macbook 2.2ghz, eMac G4 1.07ghz, PowerMac G4 Digital Audio.
I've bought both directly from Apple and from Macmall. The warranty goes back to Apple to take care of. As for Applecare, you can buy that later (even from another vendor) and just activate it before the warranty runs out.

IMHO, the service is great at both Apple and Macmall, but Macmall didn't charge me tax, had better prices and shipped just as fast as Apple. I've taken my Macbook to the Genius Bar and had no problem getting something worked on even though it was from Macmall.

Reaction score
Would buy at MacMall again

I recently bought my MBP 2.53 from MacMall and the rebates took about 4-6 weeks, I do not remember exactly. I had tried a couple cheaper online sites that said "in stock" then they gave me a delay, cancelled orders and went to macmall where I got a couple great deals on SW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.