Downloading UVC Drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
I recently bought a webcam that claims to be compatible with Mac by UVC standards. It does "work" with my computer in the sense that it gives a video and allows me to video chat. However, there are some features of it that don't work (e.g. 30fps frame rate...I can't get above 15fps, and 5 is more common). I am not sure that my computer has the necessary UVC drivers to make it work fully properly. I was just wondering if anyone could give me information as to whether or not it's possible to simply download webcam drivers online. Also, is there some way to determine what drivers I currently do have loaded?

Thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
Nobody has any information on this??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Give this a try...

macam : USB webcam support for Mac OS X

The issue is in not being able to adjust the resolution of most of these cameras down low enough to provide a good frame rate since most of them have no software for the Mac and they just run at the highest resolution possible.

If you bought a Logitech, here's what info they have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.