No sound

Reaction score
HI,
The problem with my laptop is that for some reason the sound stop working on it. I was on holiday and I left my laptop at home and I think that someone at home must of dropped the laptop or deleted a driver. if I plug in headphones or external speakers the sound works perfectly. I was wondering is there any way in which I can check whether the speakers are busted or if the sound driver is deleted or something.

As for the sound problem, try going to System Preferences>Sound and click on the Output tab. Make sure the internal speakers are listed as the output type.

In system preferences, sound, output, it says name=headphones port:built-in audio.
I'm not sure, but does that mean that the volume is only suppose to come out of the headphone port?
could some 1 please help me?
thanks in advance

OP
S
Reaction score
has no one got any clue on what this means?
In system preferences, sound, output, it says name=headphones port:built-in audio.
I'm not sure, but does that mean that the volume is only suppose to come out of the headphone port?
could some 1 please help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you might have a faulty jack

the output preference panel changes according to what you have plugged in, if you plug in headphones/speakers it will say Headphones ----Built-in output, if you unplug them it should say Internal Speakers .... Build-in output

I know there has been some discussion on this forum relted to analog/digital switching (a red light inside the jack) but you could try just juggling with a toothpick inside the jack, maybe it's just stuck somehow - not much technical but other than that you would need to have Apple look at your jack and tell you if it's broken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.