dvd player no longer auto plays DVDs

G

gdestiny

for some reason, the dvd player on my mac mini doesn't auto play dvds anymore; it used to work fine.

i have checked perferences and the start playing discs when inserted option is checked and enabled.

any ideas?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I would try to change the option to something else and exit out of Prefrences, then go back in and change it back again.

Edit: Make sure you are going to "System Preferences", then "CDs & DVDs", then you'll what to change the last option that says "When you insert a video DVD:".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I don't mean to be a stickler or mean, but this kind of thing really should be reserved for the applications or hardware forum (depending on if you mean the drive or the program). We've all made these mistakes before, so it's no big deal, but it'd be a good idea to note that while the Switcher Hangout's the biggest place on the forum, it's not for everything.

OP
G

gdestiny

iWhat said:
Make sure you are going to "System Preferences", then "CDs & DVDs", then you'll what to change the last option that says "When you insert a video DVD:".
thanks. that fixed it. it was set to ignore for some reason.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Your Welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.