MacBook with 24" LED Display

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to be buying a Macbook (unibody) in the next month or so, however would occasionally like to use it as a desktop whilst at home, if this is possible?

Obviously I would need the screen and the connectors, but if I were to close the screen on the macbook (so it is completely closed), would I still be able to see it on the 24" display?

Also, with regards to wireless mice and keyboards, firstly are apple branded products compatible with a macbook, and secondly, with the screen closed on the macbook, would the wireless peripherals still work (still be connected essentially) so whatever I control shows on the display?

And if my macbook is connected via wifi to my home router, would the internet connection still stay live with the screen shut, thus enabling me to surf the internet, via my macbook, on the larger screen.

I know I could go out and buy a iMac or something, but I would get the best of both worlds this way if it would work, essentially using my macbook as a desktop tower.

Many Thanks
Ash

Reaction score
Obviously I would need the screen and the connectors, but if I were to close the screen on the macbook (so it is completely closed), would I still be able to see it on the 24" display?

Yes.

Also, with regards to wireless mice and keyboards, firstly are apple branded products compatible with a macbook

Yes, why would Apple products not work on a Macbook?

with the screen closed on the macbook, would the wireless peripherals still work (still be connected essentially) so whatever I control shows on the display?

Yes. It would be pointless to run with the lid closed if they didn't.

And if my macbook is connected via wifi to my home router, would the internet connection still stay live with the screen shut, thus enabling me to surf the internet, via my macbook, on the larger screen.

See above.

Out of curiosity, are you going to be moving around a lot or something? Otherwise getting an iMac is going to be a lot cheaper and simpler.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.