• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

will world of warcraft run on a ibook ?

Reaction score
I plan on getting a ibook g4 (12" screen one) with a ram upgrade, will world of warcraft work on this laptop ? just wondering :bomb:

D

Danster

Yes but very very VERY badly. Check my mac specs and I get alot of Lag (not due to my connection although I do need a RAM upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Um actually I will not be surprised if right now that ibook doesn't run it better than ur iMac (pretiger)..

With your RAM upgrade (max it out for best preformance long term), it will be less slow after a while in the game... and if u lower the graphics alot, it might even be pretty quick. Tiger may make this even faster... for the G5s it will for-sure... the G4s slightly for the highend models, low end (like my 800mhz, might be a tad slower)

OP
J
Reaction score
that would be great if it worked and ran descent lol I could take a bubble bath and play wow at the same time ! (just kidding) has anyone played wow on their ibook 12 ?

D

Danster

I'm gonna order 512 of RAM for my iMac(Bonus came through :D) will this get rid of alot of the lag i'm experiencing with the game?

OP
J
Reaction score
Danster said:
I'm gonna order 512 of RAM for my iMac(Bonus came through :D) will this get rid of alot of the lag i'm experiencing with the game?
more ram is always better ofcourse :) but try lowering details. :doctor:

Reaction score
My Mac mini is similar in specs to an iBook, it runs on my mac mini with 512mb ram. It doesn't run amazing, but it is playable.

WoW loves the ram.

OP
J
Reaction score
mynameis said:
My Mac mini is similar in specs to an iBook, it runs on my mac mini with 512mb ram. It doesn't run amazing, but it is playable.

WoW loves the ram.

and we love blizzard for making their games ready for mac :) be nice if most companys did that. Put the pc and mac version on one disc. Sorry I got off topic a little but thanks for the info. I will be doing a major upgrade to the ram once I get my ibook.

Reaction score
jsb515 said:
and we love blizzard for making their games ready for mac :) be nice if most companys did that. Put the pc and mac version on one disc. Sorry I got off topic a little but thanks for the info. I will be doing a major upgrade to the ram once I get my ibook.

I wish they would have went to a little more trouble to make it run better on Macs, you can get by running WoW on a much lesser PC.

D

digisam

although its a bit late, i have just got a new 12inch ibook 1.33, and was desperate to try wow out.

moving from a dual g5 i weasnt expecting much but it plays great (bumped up ram to 1.5g cos everyone says thats the best way to get the most out of wow)

its obviously not as great as the g5 (turned off glows and terrain distance) but other than that its peachy

ironforge gets a bit jumpy at times but it does on my g5 as well

now i can wow on the toilet

bliss

Reaction score
I have yet to see a comp that IF doesn't suck on. Desktops with Raptors or Raid 0 Arrays are better then most but still not perfect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.