ExpressCard 54 - *Possible* with MBP?

Reaction score
Our data acquisition system connects via ExpressCard 54. Of course the card comes in an ExpressCard 34 version also, but this wasn't necessary until I got there with my MacBook Pro. At $300, we'd rather not buy another one that does the same thing. According to expresscard.org, "both modules use the same 26 contact connector, so your computer is not even aware of which size of module has been inserted."

Is there really no way to connect an ExpressCard 54 to an ExpressCard 34 slot? I don't care if it sticks out a foot and looks hideous; if it's less than $300, then it's worth it. My search for an adapter hasn't turned up anything.

- Ricky

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
AFAIK, the only difference is the width of the slot. So if you can find an adapter, you should be OK.

OP
R
Reaction score
AFAIK, the only difference is the width of the slot. So if you can find an adapter, you should be OK.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Actually, that seems to be precisely the problem--I can't find an adapter. Unless there's some funny business with capacitance or something, it shouldn't even have to do anything except extend the connection outside the computer. Still, I can't find anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.