• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Video from firewire and audio from usb

Reaction score
Hello there!

Well i have something i can't solve so what better than to check mac forums. Nothing too tricky but basically; I have my camcorder connected to my mac via firewire just turned on like a webcam so i can import directly to an app like imovie.
How ever i want to import video from the camcorder but use the audio from my usb samson mic at the same time. iMovie can see the samson mic in the voice over preferences but when i import from my camera is uses the onboard mic.

Any ideas/apps/ways i can import video from the camcorder whilst audio from the mic?

I have ilife 09 and final cut express if that helps?

Any help is appreciated, thanks =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook PRO
Why dont you just record the audio separately? as in use a different app. in the background to capture all the audio, and later while you're editing you use the audio track you captured separately.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah i thought about doing that, but i was just seeing if anyone knew any apps that'd save that hassle.

I know flash like in a browser say on youtube quick capture could select my camcorder then my usb mic at the same time. Maybe there something flash based i could use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.