Problem setting up iMac/Samsung printer network!

M

MJG196

I've followed directions...many many times over several hours and cannot for the life of me set up this wireless network properly. I can get the printer to print, and I can connect to the Internet, but never at the same time.

Is anyone familiar w/ this printer's wireless networking issues? Are there any?!

Running OS 10.5 w/ a Samsung SCX-4500W

OP
M

MJG196

Let me get more specific:

I will try to keep this simple, as it has kept me up for hours and I am exhausted.

I have a new iMac running 10.5.6. I purchased the Samsung SCX-4500W printer to go with it. I have successfully installed all drivers and the computer recognizes the printer. Here is the issue:

The manual says to set the printer IP at 192.0.0.196, but when I switch the network IP, I can no longer access the Internet. Once I switch the IP back to its original address, I can access the Internet, but no longer print.

I am a relative newbie to wireless networks, and this issue has me completely exhausted. I have tried and re-tried the step by step setup in the Samsung manual to no avail. I am completely at my wits end. I have searched every Mac forum I could find and nobody seems to have a similar problem, so I am pretty sure I am the one screwing up (I've never been one to blame it on the piles of circuits and vaccuum tubes in front of me!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
too much to type and explain i sent you a PM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1stGen, iMac 15"
Reaction score
Wireless Networking Issues

Hi Fletch, Ramdux and MJG196,

I know this thread is a little old now but I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung CLP-315W printer and MacBook Pro.

Would any of you be able to forward the PM that explains?

Thanks to you all in advance.

Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.