dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
I have a palm tungsten e and have always had periodic problems with syncing to my mac. First issue i had was the mac palm desktop didn't sync and the same problem is happening again. is it the mac updates that i install that cause these problems? i never had any of these problems with windows xp and i'm a bit miffed by the fact palm desktop for mac is not as good as the windows version. sorry i had to rant as well as to get advice how to resolve this.

any advice from fellow palm users?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
one more thing, the weird thing is that avantgo syncs with no problems. my memos, to do lists and calendar DO NOT sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I have a Tungsten E and an iBook. I can sync just fine to the Palm Desktop software (which I agree is kind of stupid compared to the Windows version). I use the Palm Sync conduit, not iSync.

The only time I had a problem, in fact, was when I tried to use iSync. It totally munged up everything and I couldn't figure out what it did, beyond half-syncing with the Mac's Address Book and iCal (both of which rot, IMHO). I wound up uninstalling iSync and Palm Desktop and then reinstalling the Palm software. No problems since then.

Exactly what problems are you having now?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well when i sync my palm to my mac, the calendar, memos and to do's are not being updated on either the palm tungsten e or the palm desktop, funny thing is that avantgo is getting synced. i am not using isync either. i just find it weird how everything seems normal when i sync but nothing is being updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Computer.Geek said:
well when i sync my palm to my mac, the calendar, memos and to do's are not being updated on either the palm tungsten e or the palm desktop, funny thing is that avantgo is getting synced. i am not using isync either. i just find it weird how everything seems normal when i sync but nothing is being updated.

That's classic Palm behavior, regardless of platform. I had an IBM WorkPad (same as a Palm V) that would do the same thing on an NT box.

My suggestion is to uninstall everything-- Palm Desktop and AvantGo-- and also make sure that iSync isn't getting its grubby paws on it either (make sure the Palm device is not listed under iSync devices). Then once you're sure everything is removed, reinstall just the Palm Desktop and see if you can sync. If that works, add AvantGo on top of it.

Removing Palm software from the Mac is a major pain in the rear end. It screws up permissions, and in two cases (mine and my gf's) I had to enable the root user to empty the Palm items out of the Trash once they were in there 'cause they were locked somehow.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Mac's Address Book or iCal to see if your updates are showing up there? If they are, that means iSync's got hold of them.

Reaction score
My Tungsten T was a pain to get setup, but now that it is, it syncs just fine with iCal and Address Book. I don't use Palm Desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.