Wont charge, new Battery new Charger

Reaction score
OK so here is the latest, I have a black 15 macbook build 9g55 model of late 2007. It is about 15 month old. Of course i do not have AppleCare. I noticed that when i connected my Magsage charger there would be no light come on and the computer said that it was not charging, but it was running off the power adapter. I have talked to my local service provider and they told me there was nothing they could do because the battery was not recalled and it wasnt covered. I had the battery specs from their tests and called apple myself. I had convinced them to send me a new battery for free and when i got it yesterday i plugged it in and tested it out. Still no adapter light. The battery is good and the adapter is good. I HAVE TESTED THEM BOTH SEVERAL TIMES> they are both new. just one cycle on the battery.

Ok so i again go to my service provider and they said it could just be the magsafe connection and its about 60$ plus labour. Im scared it is the logix board because if it is I am Screwed.

Has anyone else had this situation> or can offer any ideas?

thanks so much for the help

Marc

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I don't think it will help but my MBP does that all the time. I just move the connector and it works. I am guessing that you tried that already.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah there is definitely something wrong with this little guy.
Thanks tho

Reaction score
I really don`t want to resurrect an old thread but:

I have the same problem with my Blackbook 2007 late, however I do have Applecare. I took it to my local mac store and they said they would take a look at it and it would take about 2-3 days. Well they called my and said they couldn`t find what was making it not charge so they sent it to Apple and it would take an additional 2-3 days. I will report on what is going on in a couple days. Definitely not the battery which was what I originally thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.