How to get Max Performance for games

Reaction score
good day folks, i got a unibody macbook 13.3 with a 2.4 processor, 2GB ram, 256MB graphics card, and i would like to know how to get the most out of what i have. i ssaw on you tube some of those fellas have the same specs as me and there games run way better than mines, so i'm lost. i am playing my games on vista using bootcamp. the games i tried were, Crysis, World at war and Fallout 3, i played these 3 games in my previous comp which was a XPS 1530, with 2 GB ram, 2.2 processor and 128MB graphics card. so i am confused how they are not working well on the mac since the specs on the mac are better. can anyone help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Well, assuming I have the model of your macbook right, and it has the 9400m chipset - here are the things:

1) the 9400m is an integrated graphics card
2) the 8600m that was in the 1530 appears to have been a dedicated gpu rather then an onboard like the 9400
3) According to notebookcheck that compares all of the various graphics chipsets for laptops, the 8600m was a class 2 gpu vs a class 3 9400m (class 2 is a higher rank then class 3) - see: Notebookcheck: Comparison of Graphic Cards for a comparison of laptop video chipsets

A dedicated GPU will usually outperform an integrated chipset (as long as they're within a certain level of each other, if you had a dedicated that was a class 4, the 9400m would walk all over it most likely). What you probably really wanted was a macbook pro that has the 9400m+9600m (using hybrid technology where the 9400m is used for basic stuff and the 9600m kicks in for higher end GPU work like gaming)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on the chipset.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.