flash player on iphone

Reaction score
Hi guys

Is it possible to get an app or similar to view certin attachments on iphone 3g, like if i get an email with WMV attached i cant open it, or even if its a slide show of images you cant view them.
anyone know of anything out there???????
any help is most welcome
thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you talking about Flash or something to play a WMV file? In either case, the answer is no, nothing is available. Something that would play WMV files would likely duplicate the built in video player and Flash interprets code. Both of these go against the rules for acceptance into the App Store.

OP
R
Reaction score
yes i thought so, i love iphone but every once in a while i discover somthing else to turn me off it, the new OS should bring some nice changes though.
Thanks anyway

Reaction score
Hi guys

Is it possible to get an app or similar to view certin attachments on iphone 3g, like if i get an email with WMV attached i cant open it, or even if its a slide show of images you cant view them.
anyone know of anything out there???????
any help is most welcome
thanks

Hello there
I know that adobe are working on the flash player for iPhone, this should be available soon for you, there are thirdparty web sites that try to run the flash but they are very slow and don't work all the time

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hello there
I know that adobe are working on the flash player for iPhone, this should be available soon for you, there are thirdparty web sites that try to run the flash but they are very slow and don't work all the time

THe only thing known is that Adobe is trying to get Flash working on smartphones, except the iPhone. The theory is that Apple figures Flash is too resource intensive and is blocking it..

Regards

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Hello there
Source? I haven't heard anything of this and as Raz0rEdge pointed out, Flash is not an appropriate and suitable plugin for the iPhone for hardware resource related reasons.

Reaction score
So at this point is their no flasher player for iPhone 4? I tried downloading and app for flash player from itunes it cost me $9.99 and all it did was crash the phone DON'T waste your money on it. My two cents only

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There hasn't been and never will be Flash support on iOS based devices..end of story..

Regards

Reaction score
There hasn't been and never will be Flash support on iOS based devices..end of story..

Regards

Okay that being said, How can something be done about that app to keep us that are new to iPhone/Apple from falling into the trap of downloading and paying out the nose for it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Okay that being said, How can something be done about that app to keep us that are new to iPhone/Apple from falling into the trap of downloading and paying out the nose for it?

Go back to iTunes, put up a one star review warning others that it doesn't work as advertised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.