internet issues with xp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Please forgive me if I'm doing something stupid, it's been a long time since I've used Windows and I'm a bit lost ;p

I'm running Windows XP via VMware and it was all working well until a few days ago when suddenly the internet stopped working on it. Leopard is still happily connected to the internet and XP thinks it is too, but I can't get any webpages to load or Skype or (*cough*) Maple Story to connect on Windows, I've tried tinkering, but the problem is that windows thinks it is connected so it won't offer up any of those handy "fix this!" things my sister gets from her Windows laptop.

It's a wireless connection, the signal strength seems fine and it was all working a few days ago. Any suggestions for how to get it working again? Or just what might be wrong? I don't really want to re-install windows and lose all my files and programs, but I can't think of anything else :(

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Eeek. Spoke too soon! I tinkered with the router settings, restarted my mac and now Windows connects normally(and Leopard has a better connection too)! Sorry, I don't now how to flag this for deletion/locking >.>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.