Blackberry Help

Reaction score
I have an 8820 and an iMac

I downloaded PocketMac but this program "hangs" when about 1/5 of the way through backing up my 5000+ contacts on the phone, so is plainly useless.

I then spent money on buying and downloading The Missing Sync, but that is a total disaster as it merged data. Some people are in my phone just under their first name, others with a first & surname, many more under their stage names (I run an entertainment agency). When I used Missing Sync it merged similar names into one entry, so now I don't know who is calling me or who I am calling any more.

I spent the last six days manually re-entering all my names, addresses and phone numbers into my phone.

Does someone out there make software that actually works?

To be honest, I'm so annoyed with my BB for other reasons (tracker ball keeps sticking, I've changed keyboard 5 times because letters/numbers rub off so quickly are just 2 of the many problems I've had) that I'm going to switch to a different provider and get an iPhone as soon as my current contract is up in about 9 months. However, I need to back up data in the meantime, so looking for a solution that works.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
Your only other solution would be to install Windows on your iMac and download Desktop Manager 4.7, this is what I had to do since I am also a blackberry user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I admit, I boot into XP for my Pearl as well. I'm not too keen on running parallels cause its too slow for my likening.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
PocketMac is garbage.

Find a way to use Windows and sync it that way.

OP
B
Reaction score
One of the many and varied reasons for moving from PC to Mac was to get away from Windows, so I have no intention of installing Windows on my Mac!!! That's a bit like saying why don't you try diesel in your Ferrari!!

If the only way to sync a Blackberry with a Mac is to use Windows, then I'm going to break my contract with Orange and pay whatever the penalty is for doing so and switch to O2 and get an iPhone now. I'd rather do that than have to install Windows just so that I can sync a phone!

I know some people may need to have both operating systems on their Macs but I don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Missing Sync works for me. It syncs with address book, itunes, iphoto, ical, and notebook. It will also sync with a designated folder of your choice. Pocketmac should be marked as beta at best. The only thin missing sync will not do is install programs on my curve.

Reaction score
I use Missing Sync to sync my Calendar and Contact to my Storm. It is working great now that I have the contacts issue worked out.

What I had to do.
1. Backup Address Book on the MAC
2. Add all contacts to the Address book that are contained on the device.
3. Tell missing sync to Overwrite any and all contacts on the device on next sync.

Once the device is sync'd Missing sync will keep the addresses straight.

I am having a problem with it syncing my Multiple calendars to the device, I have to tell it to overwirite all Calendar entries to the device on about a weekly basis.

Joel

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
missingsync is a bit buggy but it's (not surprisingly) better than pocketmac.

i'm using my old 1.2ghz gateway as a dedicated blackberry sync-er. lol

edit: looks like they might be possible working on something resembling a desktop manager for us :) click

Reaction score
The answer to all your problems with a blackberry is to either run over it, give it to a homeless dude and get a iphone :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.