Messenger for Mac

Reaction score
I do not know if this is the right forum for this question. I have a MacBook. I downloaded messenger for Mac and it asks for a password to register but it rejects new passwords. It seems to require your computer password. Does anyone know about this?

Mike

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you tried setting up an account online (such as through Hotmail) and then using that to login to your new account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB DDR3 RAM
I agree with vansmith. You need to set up an account with Windows Live Hotmail first and then use the email and password you create to log in.

However, when I was searching for a msn messenger program in which you can video chat and have other helpful tools, I came across a program called amsn. It is a great program and I love it! It is basically msn messenger for mac except a lot more advanced. Plus you can download and install other skins for free on it. It is sooo much better than messenger for mac and I highly recommend it. To download it go to here

Reaction score
I agree with vansmith. You need to set up an account with Windows Live Hotmail first and then use the email and password you create to log in.

However, when I was searching for a msn messenger program in which you can video chat and have other helpful tools, I came across a program called amsn. It is a great program and I love it! It is basically msn messenger for mac except a lot more advanced. Plus you can download and install other skins for free on it. It is sooo much better than messenger for mac and I highly recommend it. To download it go to here

thank you :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.