• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best Apple retailer in the UK?

L

leelovesbikesto

Hi all,

I'm shopping around for a new Mini and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good (read 'cheap'!) Apple retailer in the UK, or recommend a retailer for outstanding service?

Thanks, Lee

OP
C

Cloudane

No such thing as 'cheap' where Apple is concerned ;)

The best would be the Apple store in Regent Street, London. I was in there a couple of days ago, amazing place, and you can't get any better than the horse's mouth. They know best how to support it etc.

But you're not exactly southern (neither am I, just on hols down in London) so your nearest PC World would be the only choice I can think of other than ordering online. Nowhere does 'cheap' Macs, they're all the same price :) If you can get away with it, online would be best as PC World aren't exactly the height of intelligence or customer support!

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

Aye I know! The last mac i bought was my iMac back in ooh, '99? Just wondering if any retailers support was worth paying the extra for. I realise that prices are very similar, so I think I'll just order all my stuff from the Apple Store online as I'm going to get the upgrades.

BTW, the iMac I bought all those years ago was indeed from PC World instore, and they sold me a HP printer and scanner to go with it ('It's compatible, honest.'). Doh!

Cheers Cloudane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.