VMWare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz,4GB,200GB
I am having a problem with xp pro on my mac. When I use vmware and open xp pro, when I open internet explorer to get to my google homepage a windows pops up that says google.com cannot be launched, operation aborted. The google homepage comes up, but when I do a search and click on a result, the page does not load. Why is this happening?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
While running Windows in a VM you are susceptible to virus infections, adware, malware, trojans, phishing, and the like. Make sure your Windows firewall or third party firewall is on and that you're using AV software.

Nasty ware warning aside; are you having difficulties with any other site? I assume that Google is your home page. Open IE options and set another site as your home page and let us know what happens.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz,4GB,200GB
The problem seems to be fixed except for one particular web site that will not let me do what I need to do for work. It's weird because it only works on certain computers, all of which have xp pro. The support department for the site is telling me to use IE, or java run time. I use mozilla on the mac side, and IE on the xp side. I don't understand why I am still having this issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.