iPod touch: Touchscreen not responding

Reaction score
My touch (32 Gb, 2.21) sems not to react to any inputs on the screen.
I just went to bed two days ago, listening to my touch sitting on the nightstand beside me, when I woke up, I noticed that the alarm hadn´t gone off and the touch was in locked mode, still sitting there. Moving the slider doesn´t work. it seems the screen is not responding to anything. The hardware buttons do work, responive as ever, no slow-down noticeable. I tried resetting the touch with no effort.:Not-Amused: even restoring it serveral times , varying configurations (basic, with last backup, etc.) didn´t help. Just once, this mornig, after a reset with he home/ sleep buttons pressed, it did work normally for a brief time, when i tried to sort the apps to my preferred state it did become unresponsive again... (This suggests to me its no hardware failure)

any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
My touch (32 Gb, 2.21) sems not to react to any inputs on the screen.
I just went to bed two days ago, listening to my touch sitting on the nightstand beside me, when I woke up, I noticed that the alarm hadn´t gone off and the touch was in locked mode, still sitting there. Moving the slider doesn´t work. it seems the screen is not responding to anything. The hardware buttons do work, responive as ever, no slow-down noticeable. I tried resetting the touch with no effort.:Not-Amused: even restoring it serveral times , varying configurations (basic, with last backup, etc.) didn´t help. Just once, this mornig, after a reset with he home/ sleep buttons pressed, it did work normally for a brief time, when i tried to sort the apps to my preferred state it did become unresponsive again... (This suggests to me its no hardware failure)

any help appreciated.
You said you did a hard reset (both buttons applied at the same time) and
the battery is charged and it has been synced with the computer it was set
up on and none of this works time to hit an Apple store also it may be an
app have you just installed a new app.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply !
No, I haven´t installed any new app for at last a week before this happened.
Did I mention, that I made a complete new "Clean Setup" a a last resort of help - well didn´t work either.
Inbetween I´ve now contacted Apple support, and I´ll send in my iTouch under warranty.

Reaction score
My wife and I both have an iTouch and her iTouch has had reduced sensitivity lately. May have to have her's returned if it continues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.