Disappearing files

Reaction score
I rarely turn off my MacBook but I did last night. When I turned it on this morning, my dock was reset to the original size and my desktop picture was changed back to default. Also, my documents weren't in their usual folder - they didn't completely disappear, thank G-d, but were under Users in Macintosh HD.

My computer has been acting pretty funny lately. A few weeks ago, I woke up and iTunes was completely reset and all of my songs were gone (on the computer, but not in iTunes)

I was fiddling around with the keychains a few weeks ago because I was having trouble connecting to the iTunes store - I don't remember what I did - but could that have something to do with it?

Reaction score
maybe it could be a software problem

I get the same things with my macbook sometimes, things go missing and its forever freezing on me. Maybe if you use disk utility to see if your system finds anything that it can repair.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.