Noise Canceling Earbuds

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of noise-canceling earbuds? I have read positive reviews on Audio Technica and Sony on Amazon, but I am not sure which is the better of the two or if there are any others I should consider. The Sony and Audio Technica buds cost about the same.

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Unfortunately for you, you'll get many different opinions and some may be contradictory. Nonetheless, I have a pair of Skullcandy NC earbuds and they work pretty well. My only reservation is that it keeps coming loose from my left ear but that may be due to the location of my ipod when I walk (or something with my ear).

You may also want to read through this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
I have a pair of Shure headphones. It came with several different sets of buds and I now have the perfect fit. As far as noise cancelling, when I fly, I can be sitting right on the wing and I can't hear the engine noise at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
I have a pair of shures also. I love how the block of everything except the loudest noise (even then only a whisper gets in). My only beef is flying with them, more accurate would be depending with them. I forgot to take them out while descending into orlando last fall and nearly popped my sinuses. The pressure in my ear and sinuses increased as we descended and all hurt like a SOB. I had to pop them out of my ears right away or could have done damage. The were great for listening to audiobooks while flying though.

OP
R
Reaction score
Do you know the model number of Shure buds? I would like to read more about them.

Reaction score
shure e2c's is what i have, they're awesome and i can't hear anything while walking in traffic. you can find them between $70 and $100. i think they're known as scl2 now though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.