Does My Mac Have A Virus/Adware/Spyware Issue ?

Reaction score
April 11th will be my 1st anniversary moving from windows to Apple.
My Imac is working flawlessly, but now I’ve run into a problem.

Here’s a summary of what’s happened in the last two weeks
I’m a member of a forum called Superior Pics. It’s simply a site where people post
pics/scans of their favorite female actresses/singers/athletes, etc.
As forum’s like this go, it’s very ‘clean’
They do not allow nudity, fakes, or pictures of celebs under 18 years old.

They have a forum search engine that’s powered by Google.
2 weeks ago while doing a search, the following message appeared.

Google Error
We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

This has been happening more frequently lately.

My second warning came while I was arranging pictures at my Yahoo group.

Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.
Unfortunately we are unable to process your request at this time.
This error is usually temporary. Please try again later.
If you continue to experience this error, it may be caused by one of the following:

You may want to scan your system for spyware and viruses, as they may interfere with your ability to connect to Yahoo!. For detailed information on spyware and virus protection, please visit the Yahoo! Security Center.

This problem may be due to unusual network activity coming from your Internet Service Provider. We recommend that you report this problem to them.

While this error is usually temporary, if it continues and the above solutions don't resolve your problem, please let us know.
Return to Yahoo!

This warning is also coming up much more frequently.
I clicked on the security center link in the Yahoo warning & did a security check that said I was well protected ?

It seem to me that my Mac definitely has at least some kind of adware/spyware attached to it.
Would really appreciate any suggestions.

PS: Other than the two sites mentioned, I‘ve had no other problems.
Also, I purchased my Imac directly from apple & haven’t installed any
‘aftermarket’ security products.

Thanks In Advance !

Steve

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're not running Windows (Boot Camp or in a VM) your machine should be clean.

I'm not sure what the problem is but your iMac does not have a virus, spyware, or adware attached to it. It's possible to receive email or an attachment from a Windows user that's infected, however, it can not infect your machine.

It's more likely the forum you visit that is infected or its search engine may have been compromised. I'm sure that there are numerous Windows users that are members.

The Yahoo group errors may be a temporary glitch - hard to say. But again, you are not infected.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.