Need some help with PDAnet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If anyone is successfully using this, please lend me a hand.

I followed all the guides I could find, but still not having any luck. I downloaded pdanet on my iphone. Then I clicked on my airport icon on my MBP and created a network. When I did that, the icon turned to the one you see in the pic below. I selected my new network on my iPhone and started pdanet.

At first it connected successfully, but I still couldn't do any internet activity on my MBP and the airport icone didn't change. In pdanet it showed some activity, like 5,000/32, but that was it. After subsequent connections it was more like 5,000/0 (no activity on the right). And now I can't get it to connect at all. I tried creating a new connection on my MBP, but not having any luck at all.

Please let me know if there's something else I need to do, like adjust my network or sharing preferences.

Thanks for your help.

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
Do you have a good signal on your phone?

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Yeah, I had a great signal.

I finally figured out what the problem was. I use an Airport Extreme wirelessly, but I also have to plug it in for bootcamp/WinXP because wireless doesn't work well for some reason. Well, I guess when I tried connecting wirelessly through my iPhone and was also wired to my Airport Extreme it was messing things up and I couldn't connect. Once I unplugged it ran just fine.

Long story short, it works and I am very happy. It's not the fastest connection in the world, but it'll get me by when I'm hanging out at the airport waiting for a flight or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.