ipod touch has died, dead

Reaction score
Hi,
My ipod touch has just died. It worked fine until the other morning. When I disconnected it from its USB cable I noticed that it would not turn on, nothing, no low battery, no message. Just dead.
Anybody know what's going on here? I bought the ipod last July 2008, it's using 2.1. I have not upgraded the software since purchase as the ipod worked fine.

paperclip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Same problem.

I had the exact same problem last night. I have a 1G iPod Touch with OS 3.0. It has been working perfectly since the update, until last night. It had been charging all night, until I turned my MBP off and went to bed. I plugged it into my cousin's Windows XP machine, and there was no response from either the iPod or his iTunes. I downloaded a couple of apps yesterday, but made no other changes to the software. The iPod has not been jailbroken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
My dad found a cure to this and it worked perfectly. I pressed and held the Home button for 10 seconds, and then both buttons for ten seconds, and it turned on. It works now. Try it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.