Hibernation Problem

E

Eddy4763

Whenever my pb is pluged in with the adapter and i close it the hibernation system goes crazy it keeps on going on and off, it is like if i were to keep on opening and closing the computer. Can anyone help me?

OP
Z

zakatov

Eddy4763 said:
Whenever my pb is pluged in with the adapter and i close it the hibernation system goes crazy it keeps on going on and off, it is like if i were to keep on opening and closing the computer. Can anyone help me?

You mean it goes to sleep just fine if it's on battery power?

Also, try putting it to sleep at the log in screen (with no1 logged in) to eliminate any program trying to wake it up.

OP
E

Eddy4763

zakatov said:
You mean it goes to sleep just fine if it's on battery power?

Also, try putting it to sleep at the log in screen (with no1 logged in) to eliminate any program trying to wake it up.

Correct, if it is running on battery power it works just fine, it doesn't work when the AC adapter is plugged in. I also tried to to put it to sleep with no one logged in at its still gave me the same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Do you have any usb devices plugged in when youa re on AC power that might wake it up (mouse, keyboard etc)

OP
Z

zakatov

-Did you repair the permissions?

-Try putting it to sleep without closing the lid

-Might be a hardware problem, try calling Apple if you're still under warranty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.