Is there any way to....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Only have an iPod
I have an iPod Classic but use a PC (not a Mac). I recently lost my hard drive and have had it replaced but unfortunately lost all my photos for the last six months (was about to back up, honest). Anyway, I noticed I have alot of these photos on my iPod and wondered if there is anyway I can transfer them from there onto my new hard drive. I daren't update my iPod with my iTunes as I am scared of losing the photos completely. Any ideas please... :Oops:

Reaction score
Ipod classic

My pc crashed and i had it recently repaired, and ive reinstalled itunes, but the itunes library with all my songs in it has been erased so when i plug my ipod into itunes, it asks me if i want to format/wipe my ipod so it works with the new itunes.. how can i put all my songs back into the itunes library and how can i prevent my ipod audio content from being erased to make it work with the new itunes program ?

Im new to this forum, not sure how to post a question .

Reaction score
This works on my 3rd gen iPod, it might work for yours ...

If you just tell Windows to show hidden files (Tools > Folder Options > View), you can view all the files on the iPod when it shows up as a drive in My Computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.