USB device is not recognized

Reaction score
Guys,

I ve just bought two XP10 controllers (this are some kind of DJ-controllers made by EKS) and a new 2,0 Core2Duo MacBook with the latest OS X 10.6 installed and all latest automatic updates downloaded and installed. Also grabed the latest driver for the mac system from the site from EKS, the 1.2 driver. Installed the driver and pluged in the controllers. I see a new icon in my system called EKS controllers. But I get the notification 'NO EKS CONTROLLERS CONNECTED'. I ve tried a different usb cable but this doesn t help. Also the controllers are not broken because I tried them on a windows XP system and they install fine there. Tried other hardware on my MacBook to make sure the USB connectors are not broken but all other hardware is recognized and installed correct on my MacBook. Tried also 4 different usb cables to also rule out this possible cause. All things don t have any positive effect. What could be wrong?

thxz for all input.

Cheers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's something you're going to have to take up with the folks at EKS tech support. Apparently their Windows driver works well, but they may need to do some more work on the OS X version. I've found it's not unusual for hardware makers to supply drivers for the Mac which do not work. Especially for those makers who primarily design hardware for Windows and later decide they will also support the Mac platform.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Looking at this link, advises XP10 is for PowerPC Macs only and your MacBook is an Intel machine. Maybe they have yet to get around to writing Intel compatible software for the Mac:-

EKS XP-10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
harryb2448 is right.

Also, what is 10.6 like? (snow leopard)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Good find Harry!!

There is no OSX 10.6 except for developers. No shipping Mac has 10.6. I am sure the OP is running 10.5.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.