**Feedback on Logos**

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
After all your hard work you have done well with the 2 logo's you have here.

I personally like the "dot" logo.
Not knowing the reasoning behind the "dots" if i was looking for a expedition company that would take my eye. In honesty the "dots" look like eyes and with the Y tail it looks like a smiley face :)
For me that would look like a happy and enjoyable place to be and a happy company to travel with.

Where do i sign up ;P

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
They both look pretty polished and they both work as logotypes. I like the 2nd one with the dots because it gives you something cultural...and at the same time looks like a smiley emote. It has duality which is kind of neat.

The swash one looks like it's more for Westerners.

OP
F
Reaction score
thanks for the comments, keep it up

Just to be clear on the branding, the majority of visitors to Libya are from Europe, Canada, the U.S., and Australia.

So Westerners are the target market and make up the bulk of tourists.

just to have an idea of the overall business, check out the site, maybe it'll influence your ideas on what's the best logo -

www.libyaexpeditions.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Second set with arabic dots BY FAR.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i like the second one as well it feels a lot more like the place it is describing.

Reaction score
Glad you got it all figured out, looks like you & the designer put in some time to make it look right. Overall, glad you waited it out...

I like the one with the "Dots". Looks good & has a welcome feel to it...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
thanks for the comments, keep it up

Just to be clear on the branding, the majority of visitors to Libya are from Europe, Canada, the U.S., and Australia.

So Westerners are the target market and make up the bulk of tourists.

just to have an idea of the overall business, check out the site, maybe it'll influence your ideas on what's the best logo -

Libya Expeditions® - Libya Holidays, Libya Tours, Libya Travel, Libya Vacations, Libya Hotels

I think while you are appealing to Westerners, your website is about travel. Plus I think they would want to visit somewhere exotic and new and thus the 2nd one would be better I think.

The swash one is comforting because it's usually what they are use to seeing in calligraphy.

Reaction score
The one with the dots is the one I vote for as well, it looks really well done and polished. :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Let me first say, I know absolutely nothing about what makes a good logo.

I also like the 2nd one.

It has the added feature, that even at a glance, I find it is practically impossible to separate the word Libya from Expeditions. With the first one, seems that the two words are separate and Libya can be read without even seeing Expeditions. The 2nd one seems that the two have been brought together into a single expression.

My only thought on the other side is that 'Expeditions' becomes harder and harder to read the smaller your logo becomes. Of course, I'm one of those old people whose arms are now too short, but even in the current logo at the top left on your site, that word is very small and is unreadable by me without stopping to stare specifically at it to make it out.

(Really like the music loop you have there.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.