MobileMe Won't Work on IE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Anyone else annoyed by this? Isn’t the point of this service so I can access my email and information from anywhere when I’m away from my own computer. Well IE, like it or not, is the most widely used web browser in the world. When I’m at work or working on the road with my work laptop, IE is the only thing I have to use. It’s just ridiculous that I am paying $100 for this service and can’t even use it when it would be most useful!

I think Apple just needs to get over themselves and make their product more usable as it is intended.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't use MobileMe and rarely use Windows but I just navigated to me.com under IE7 (Windows Server 2008 Standard) and I was given the chance to continue past the warning. See attached (although I assume you already know what I mean). Do you get this warning? Does it not work after this point?

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Ie

You say apple should get over themselves, I assume your home computer is a Mac, and your laptop is not obviously. It is Microsoft who need to get their act together and start complying with modern standards. Just download Safari and use that on your laptop. Whinging wont help;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It works acceptably well in IE 7, and should work very well in IE8

IE 6 is a horrible web browser to design/code for. You constantly have to make choices that boil down to
- Make it work well in Safari/Firefox/IE8, and not at all in IE6
or
- Make it work badly everywhere

IE 6 is going away. MobileMe is a new service, and I don't think Apple was interested in tying its new service to Microsoft's old browser.

If you can't install Firefox or Safari on your PC, use Portable Firefod on a USB flash volume.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Anyone else annoyed by this? Isn’t the point of this service so I can access my email and information from anywhere when I’m away from my own computer. Well IE, like it or not, is the most widely used web browser in the world. When I’m at work or working on the road with my work laptop, IE is the only thing I have to use. It’s just ridiculous that I am paying $100 for this service and can’t even use it when it would be most useful!

I think Apple just needs to get over themselves and make their product more usable as it is intended.

LOL! Apple adheres to established standards. Microsoft tries to shove their own standards down everyone's throats using market dominance... standards that are unusable on other platforms because they are IE-specific. Which of the two companies sounds like they need an ego check now?

If you don't have the privileges to install software of your choice on your Windows laptop, but you can use flash drives, then get the portable version of Firefox. It has no installer, doesn't write to the registry, and is an easy way to get around those annoying security settings that prevent you from doing what you please. If you find you can copy Firefox Portable from your flash drive to the internal hard drive, and it still work from the hard drive, then so much the better.
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You say apple should get over themselves, I assume your home computer is a Mac, and your laptop is not obviously. It is Microsoft who need to get their act together and start complying with modern standards. Just download Safari and use that on your laptop. Whinging wont help;D

Neither do comments from people who don't bother reading an entire message before giving useless advice.

I only like to use Safari, but I can only use the software loaded on my company's computer.

Well, I'm glad some people actually read my post before replying with answers that are of no help. As far as the standards are, I have no clue about them to be honest, but it's pretty much the only site I've tried using in IE that hasn't worked. I was just worked up because it seemed like Apple was supporting other browsers and specifically not IE.

I didn't know I could run a browser from a flash drive. That should do the trick. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.