how can I transfer pics from the iPhone to my computer

Reaction score
hi, have a new iphone. dont know how to upload pics from the iphone to my laptop. have a mac os x version 10.5.5. can anybody help? thank you:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
By default when you connect your iPhone to your mac iPhoto should open automatically. Since it doesn't sound like that is happening, with your iPhone connected to your mac open iPhoto. Then it will scan the pictures stored on your iphone and on the bottom is the import button. You can select specific pictures or all. Then it should ask if you want to delete the pics from the camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Personally, I just use image capture as that opens up automatically for me (and I don't use iPhoto). Otherwise, just search for image capture in spotlight (or find it in your apps), open it, then plug your iphone in and import.
dakineyj's way should work just as well, if not better if you want them in iPhoto.

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why they don't allow photos to be synced (off of your phone to your comp )through the iTunes iPhone interface to a user specified folder? Seems kind of pointless to NOT have a feature like that.

Reaction score
lots of things that you think should be there, but it's not
Would be awesome if you could point "that folder with picture, I want in my iPhone" =) so if you dont want to use iPhoto you can easily import pictures from folder, like when you choose your wallpaper you can add folders, something like that would be great in iTunes

Reaction score
Just plug in your iPhone with your mac and it will show that you have got an accessory. Just click on that and will show you the content. Find out the photos folder, copy them and paste on your mac.

Please let me know if this wont work with you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.