Computer desk too small

Reaction score
Hey Everyone...

I have a couple random questions, and this may not even be the correct forum for it, but here goes...

I recently ordered the following:

• 24" iMac
  • OWC external drive
  • Presonus firewire interface
  • KRK RP8 G2 monitor speakers.
I also ordered the following corner computer desk...

Corner Computer Desk

The KRK speakers arrived today, and they're a little bit larger than I remember (my step-brother has the same model KRK's).

The questions...
1 - Does anyone have the above desk, along with a 24" iMac set up as a DAW with monitor speakers?
2 - Do you think this desk is big enough? It seems like there's not much real estate on the desk for the gear. Now that I see the speakers I'm just not sure there'll be enough room, (and I haven't even gotten the keyboard controller yet!).

Thanks very much in advance for any thoughts, comments etc.

Regards,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods
I was reading on the iMac design webpage that you you can remove the pedestal and mount the iMac directly to the wall. This would free up your desk space. Don't know exactly how that would work in a corner but you could mount some sort of brace between the two walls and attach the iMac to that. Just be careful, it would suck to wake to to the sound of your new iMac falling off the wall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 1.9ghz PPC 2gb Ram,250gb HD
OP
L
Reaction score
Hey jcmoore2 and NICE,

Thanks for your replies! I think my post here might've been a little frivolous (and slightly panicked :Blushing: ).

I took another look at my room and figured out I can shuffle things around and just go with a rectangular desk. Found this desk this morning at a local Staples for $74, on clearance (display model in perfect condition)!...

Sauder® Camden Loft Desk | Staples®

I think it'll work well. Should be plenty of room for the 24" iMac, KRK monitor speakers, interface, external h/d, and MIDI keyboard. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
- Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.