• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Keynote to Quicktime huge file!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Hi all,
I have just put together a presentation (video included) in iWorks 09 -Keynote. Since I need to send it with all its attributes to viewers on both PC's and Macs who don't have Keynote, I saved it as a Quicktime movie. Works great, but even with a test presentation that only has three slides and one 10 second movie clip, the file size is 25 MB and cannot be sent via email, 16 MB being the limit that AOL is capable of.

If there anyway of reducing this file size? I have searched all possible sources on the internet on my own before writing this, but no luck. Maybe someone out there can enlighten me please as to whether this is even possible?

Thank you:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Sounds like the export is using a codec that is lossless or of a high data rate. If you can choose then try H.264. and try different sizes. Open the export in QuickTime and do a get info (command-I) on the file to review the settings.

There are many hits on Google but this one may be good enough.

I don't use iWork so I don't know if this will help, but you may want to check out my iMovie Export Guide to understand some of your export options.

Lastly, I wouldn't recommend emailing a large file. You are better off loading the file to a location for downloading. There are some free services out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.