A battery issue... or not!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook os x 10.5.6, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB ddr2 sdram, iPod 30 GB.
ok... ive done everything... updates, tricks... but the battery is fine. I check system info.. the computer is connected but the battery isnt charging. I have a Macbook (white, if that makes any difference). I cant disconnect the computer from the power supply or it will shut off in a matter of seconds. When connected sometimes the battery icon flashes from connected/not connected. Im considering an internal problem, not sure. I have a laptop i cant take anywere, kinda sucks :Confused: .

Reaction score
Take it to an Apple Store. Do you have Apple Care? Download Coconut battery and tell us how many cycles your battery has been through.

OP
v3egut
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
518 cycles...

Reaction score
I've just run coconutBattery on my iBook. It tells me my current battery capacity is 805mAh and the original was 4400mAh. Battery load cycles 396 and age of mac 39 months.
Does this all mean I need to buy a new battery or is it another problem?
Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
518 cycles...

Your battery has gone on to the big battery heaven in the sky. :) Most batteries do not last much longer than 300 cycles. Consider yourself fortunate to have gotten 518 cycles out of it. Time for a new battery.

Regards.

Reaction score
If your battery dies before you buy a new one is it possible to loose data etc?

Cheers

OP
v3egut
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
****.. a new battery... oh well... lol.. thanx!!! ;)

Reaction score
For all the MacBook and MacBookPro pre unibody - be nice to your batteries by reading this - Mac OS X 10.5 Help: Calibrating a MacBook or MacBook Pro battery

I did this last night and the Coconut shows

Original Battery Capacity 5600
Current Battery Capacity 2836

Battery Load Cycles 184
Computer Age 15 months

I have a MacBook Pro

The reason I did a search on the battery to start with was because my battery was draining about twice as fast as it used to all of a sudden. Is there a way I can regain my Original Battery Capacity?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.