Transfer old x-y-z to new iPod Touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (white) 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM OSX 10.5+, iPod Touch (2G) 16GB, iSight iMac G5, iPod Nano (3G)
I am thinking of getting a new iPod Touch and I am curious as to how to get all the apps, songs, movies, playlist, and data and whatever from the old iPod Touch to the new one...?

Is it as easy as backing up the old one - then plugging in the new one and restoring from the backup that I made from the old one?

If anyone has some thoughts on this I would like to hear them.

Thanks,
JMC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Everything but the Apps should be easy. I don't think the old iPod Apps work on the new ones though. I am assuming that all of the music and movies are on your computer and not just only on your iPod though.

OP
JMC2008
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (white) 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM OSX 10.5+, iPod Touch (2G) 16GB, iSight iMac G5, iPod Nano (3G)
Everything but the Apps should be easy. I don't think the old iPod Apps work on the new ones though. I am assuming that all of the music and movies are on your computer and not just only on your iPod though.

That's a bummer. So the same apps I have on the Touch will not work on the 2nd gen ?

Wow. That seems to be a Micorsoft trick no?;D

I will do some digging on this.

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.