Secure log in in iWeb

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to set up a site so on one of my pages it asks for a user name and password. Depending on what user name and password they put in it will send them to a certain page. I do photography and if I do photos for someone I want to be able to have them as a private login so they can view and pick what ones they wat. Hope this makes sense to people and your help would make life very easy. Thanks in advance.

:Smirk:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You won't be able to do that in iWeb. iWeb is a very simplistic web design tool to get sites up and running quickly. There is not database support or even hand coding available. You will have to look into a web scripting language like PHP or Ruby on Rails to get this done and you will therefore likely have to do some coding by hand.

OP
ph0en1x
Reaction score
Well i guess another option would be to create a mobile me gallery that is password protected and apply that gallery to the website????

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't use Mobile Me but if works, give it a shot. Beware of the storage and bandwidth limitations though.

Reaction score
I would sugest JavaScript There are a few javascripts that enable u to login as a user the JavaScript then redirects you as this is not server side it is not very secure so you cannot trust it completely anyone with enough knowledge can get in also you cannot use it through iWeb hope this helps send me a messege if u need more detail

Reaction score
still no iWeb aftermarket way to create a login system for community site?

Wanting to have site visitors login, to be able to see certain pages, using iWeb - anyone know of any work arounds yet? Thanks in advance! p

Reaction score
I have the a similar requirement. Using iWeb to publish to a non Mac hosting server. They have the option to create protected directories, but as soon as I move my html file to the protective directory I loose my images as well as my navigation bar/menu.

I was able to get my images back by removing the leading directory path for each image in the html source code. I'm stuck on getting my navigation bar back. Any help would really be appreciated!!

Reaction score
There is websites floating around that will let you do this. You would have to join & pay a monthly fee to use their service.

There was a website I was going to make to where I needed a login page & me not being a tech/coding whiz, thats how I ran across those sites. Just do a google search for secure login pages & so on (Cant remember what words I used to search in google)

Hope this helps some...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.