Taking an old Mac Mini wireless (no Airport)

Reaction score
Hello all--

I apologize in advance twofold: 1) if this question has been asked a million times, and 2) my technical skills are severely lacking.

Here's what I do know:

1) I bought a Mac mini a while ago, around the time they first came out - at the time, we still had dial-up, so I distinctly remember choosing between models that were modem/DSL vs. DSL/Airport. Here is my machine info:
Machine Model: PowerMac10,1
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)

2) thing still runs great, but we need to change the office with DSL into a nursery - so we need to go wireless (2 phone lines in the house, lack of DSL connection anywhere else in the apartment except our bedroom)

3) we got: a D-Link DIR615 wireless N router, and a Hawking Wireless 150N usb adapter

4) I've got the wireless network up and running, and various guest laptops (with Airport, or PCs) have been able to connect with ease

5) Here's what I've tried to "connect"
- I can see my network, and provide the key to login on the HWUN2A Wireless Utility and have strong signals, and status "connected"
- I used Internet Connect to establish 802.1X connection on the Ethernet Adaptor (en1) - and again, entered my login name and password, and the status says "connected"

6) however, Firefox and other internet applications are all dead/not connected, and so I'm all out of my (limited) mental resources

So you can see/confirm my initial disclaimer that I have no idea what I'm really doing - any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

MP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.