Battery at zero percent

Reaction score
0k.. so i think that my battery is shot, but i don't know.

yesterday (at home) it charged really fast, too fast i think... and when it came to 34% left it told me it was running low.. never happened.. ever.

now.. i'm at school, and the orange light is on saying it's charging.. but it's been at zero percent for an hour now... should i take it in? or get a new charger? or what???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your machine still under warranty? (Apple care does not cover the battery) How many charge - recharge cycles has the battery undergone?

To find out: Applications -> Utilities -> System Profiler -> Power. Cycles on the battery.

It does seem like your battery may be on its way out, but the symptoms could also indicate troubles elsewhere.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, 151 cycles is about halfway through its normal life. (Apple claims about 300 cycles is normal.)

If your machine is still under the original one year warranty, take it on in to Apple and have them look it over. Note - as I mentioned before, if you have Apple care, it does not cover the battery. However, some folks have been able to get Apple to replace it anyway. Never hurts to try. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Funny, cause I have Apple Care and they replaced my battery no questions asked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.