Stereo Mix

Reaction score
Now now, before you dismiss me or my post for not searching the forums properly and\or failing the internet, I'll have you know that none of the answers quite did the trick.

I've got the aluminum 2.4 15" macbook pro, and I'm interested in starting my own live podcast. I've done one on my PC a couple of years ago, using my on-board sound card.

After switching to mac, I couldn't find a simple solution to give me the same effect. I basically would like to be able to be able to play background music while I talk. MAYBE some minor audio editing for the show intro, and that's about it. I plan to use a nice little software called "Atomix MP3".

Now, I've tried using soundflower, and it doesn't quite do the trick. Is there an application I could use? I'd prefer a free one, or something not over 20USD.
If there is no such application, would an external sound card help?

OP
B
Reaction score
I have used it before, back on the PC, to edit the show's intro. I tried it on my mac, but it doesn't let me record through stereo mix, nor do I think I can podcast through it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.