New iPod Classic

Reaction score
I wish Apple would make a new iPod classic based on the design and shape of the iPod Nano.

When the first Nano came out, it matched the iPod's design. But then it started to stray away. When it was the G2 aluminium tube one, I really wanted them to redesign the iPod to be similar to it, (the G2 nano matched the G2 shuffle so the iPod stuck out like a sore thumb)

Anyway, I hope they redesign the iPod Classic so that 128gb SSD and 64GB SSD are options, and it actually fits in with the iPod line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch
^ And a price of 599$? I doubt there will be amny buyers of an expensive SSD iPod Classic, especially since there is already an HDD version at an excellent price.

OP
M
Reaction score
I suppose I did not consider the price.

Certainly a 32GB SSD is not out of the question.

The problem I have with HDD, is times to load a song, the moving parts create drive safety issues and also battery life issues (although I read that SSD uses just as much power apparantly).

Basically just redesign the good old iPod to bring it into the current iPod framework, and add SSD to the mix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
SSD price is the driving factor here, period. If they were big and cheap, as standard HDDs are, it would be a no brainer. Give it a few years, the price will drop and eventually Apple will drop the HDD all together for SSDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch
^ And that would be the death of the classic version IMO.
Its good to move on, however, as HDDs will always be cheaper per GB, I'd love Apple keeping an option.

@McGrory
Well, 32 GB SSD iPod would not be a Classic. It would rather be a Nano or a Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
It's called an iPod Classic because it has the classic iPod design. How the iPod was when it was first released (almost).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.