Sending jpegs via email - horror story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Why oh why am I having so much trouble with this. I have spoken to the folk on the helpline at Apple who told me that I am doing everything correctly. I have read everything I can get my hands on and still...
Methods tried:
Open new mail message > attach > (image appears on email > ctrl/click> view as icon.
OR - Find image in iPhoto and email from there
Or - Open image in Preview and email from there
These images are being sent to friends and co-workers who use Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook. Preview seems to be the only one with limited :Smirk: success. The others are not able to be either opened, downloaded or saved in any of the mail servers. I thought that maybe they just did not know how to do this with mail from a Mac and so accessed my friend's email (with her permission) from my iMac (she uses yahoo) and she was right. There is the little picture icon, but there is no way of either opening or saving it? This has been my biggest problem with my new iMac and I am totally frustrated!!! And yes - I do have "windows friendly attachments" checked.
PLEASE someone help with this before I really go off the deep end.
Thanks. :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Have you tried just dragging the jpeg into the compose window? Works for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.