Power supply for a G5 monitor

Reaction score
Where would I source the power supply unit for a G5 monitor...?

As my mac's 2nd hand and that part was damaged and couldn't be repaired so I threw it away.

I have this ver...
04cinemahd23_g5.jpg

I'm located in New Zealand, but I'll buy from anywhere.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Can you explain what part was damaged and how it connected - ADC, DVI or VGA? Was the power lead damaged, the graphics card or what?

OP
C
Reaction score
^power lead with that little box, box had been smashed by moving company but I didn't have insurance at that time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That little box sounds like an Apple ADC-DVI connector which plugs into mains power, the graphics card on the back of the computer and to the USB port. If that is it you can purchase from Apple online stores. Look at this link and see if that is what we are talking about and they are US$99.00.

Apple DVI to ADC Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

Like me in Australia be prepared to pay through the neck. Cheapest I have seen locally is AU$179.00 , which will be about NZL$225.00! Keep an eye on eBay.com and look for a US seller who will ship a used unit internationally. You then get a local 240 vold power lead.

OP
C
Reaction score
basically the monitor has one cord fixed to the back, then at the end of that cord it has a firewire/usb and one other that doesn't have a home at the back of HD.

would this unit above be the missing link? i've had it in storage and can't recall what it looked like.

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.