iTunes error -36 / Half of soundtrack did not download!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook OS X (10.3.9)
Hey guys!

I really hope you can help me out!

ISSUE:
I recently bought a soundtrack (Twilight - reason I mentioning it is bc maybe others have had problems with that soundtrack) on iTunes (it was the first time I was buying an entire album instead of individual songs), and I got this error message: "The disk could not be read from or written to. Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again."

The thing I find bizarre is that half of the soundtrack downloaded successfully, but 7 or 8 songs didn't.

WHAT I'VE ALREADY TRIED:
I launched the Disk Utility "Repair Disk Permissions" and it did not resolved the issue.

I also tried restarting my modem as it is suppose to fix some connection problems. Since I have a wireless router that connects to my laptop (iBook), I turned it off after my modem powered down. I waited until my modem had restarted before I turned my router back on. (This measure did not seem to help as I tried to download afterwards with the same result).

I wanted to download the latest iTunes version, but can't because my OS is too old! Oops!

Furthermore, I tried downloading an MP3 from one of my friends and I got the same message: "The disk could not be read from or written to."

It is the first time I had any problems with iTunes whatsoever.

ITUNES SUPPORT:
I reported the error to iTunes and after 2 communications, this is in part what they had to say: "I understand you are having content and downloading issues with "Twilight (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). I'm sorry to learn that this item did not meet the standard of quality you have come to expect from the iTunes Store. I have reversed the charge for the purchase. The credit should be posted within five business days.

I have submitted this item for investigation. Apple takes the quality of the items offered on the iTunes Store seriously and will investigate the issue with this item, but I can't say when or if the issue will be resolved. Please try again in a few weeks."

WHERE I'M AT:
Not much help, but at least they reimbursed me. I wonder if in a few weeks it could work for some reasons.

I was initially afraid that it would be a HD problem, but couldn't it be that some specific songs were corrupted or something?

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to trace a complete picture of my situation!

Any help will be much appreciated! :)

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook OS X (10.3.9)
Development...

Ok, I just managed to copy my friend's MP3 into iTunes. I dragged the MP3 file which was on my Desktop into iTunes while holding the Option key.

It took A LONG WHILE for the download to finish - the little rainbow swirl was going crazy - like if my computer was working overtime to process this task, but in the end, it worked.

Now I just need to figure out what is causing the error in some of my iTunes purchases...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.