Refurb vs. New- Graphics question

Reaction score
I've been thinking/dreaming about purchasing a Macbook Pro. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to spend the extra $$$ to get a brand new MBP, or if I should save some bucks and get a refurbished one. My main question is regarding the graphics card(s). From what I understand, the new MBPs have two graphics cards. You only use one or the other, and have to manually switch between the two, correct? Just how beneficial is this? What are the other pros to buying new, taking into consideration that I will be using the notebook for editing in Final Cut.

I've never owned a Macbook before, so have no basis of comparison. I know it all boils down to personal preference, but I'd just like to get some opinions from the experts who've used both the older and newer models.

Reaction score
you save same battery life if you don't use the high end graphic card when you don't need it.

The Refurb macbook from apple online looks brand new and a lot of people give good review about refurb macs from apple online. they come with same 1 year warranty.
If you want to get brand new why don't you buy brand new macbook from ebay with 14% live cash back right now. it will be cheaper than the price of refurb but you get brand new macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.